Collating the stand out books we have read and reviewed during the month is a revealing exercise. My month didn’t allow for much reading time at all nor did Spice’s. Sparkles’ September reading card however stood out with her Contemporary and Paranormal recommendations. Special mention to Juliette Cross for scoring two mentions with her new releases!
Spice and I have been drawn back into the comfort of familiar favorites. Tough times call for guaranteed good reads to maintain your sanity. The upside of reaching for an old favourite provides a double bonus. First is we get to relive a loved book again and second is the opportunity to share our reviews with others who have either forgotten or not heard of the book. With our focus on recent releases, the reviews we write for our old favourites are scheduled in between when we can, so stay tuned!
Now staying tuned is the perfect segway for me to talk about the Mayan’s MC. It’s exciting seeing the SoA Easter Eggs that keep cropping up. There’s a lot to get your head around with the danger looming ominously everywhere you look. It’s a distraction I welcome as it has taken my mind off the wait for the next season of Outlander. With less than a month to the new season airing, I have to get cracking and observe my ritual of reading the Diana Galbadon’s book the series will be based on – this time being Drums of Autumn.
While I have only shared one stand out recommendation this month, there are a few others I have read and am determined to set aside time to get them posted soon. In the meantime, keep your eyes out for these books I thoroughly enjoyed:
- Naz & Roz by Bethany-Kris ~ I loved it!
- Sweetest Sorrow by JM Darhower ~ Read this a couple of years ago but never wrote a review. Happy to share it was just as good as the first time I read it!
- The Baby Maker’s Club by Penny Wylder – A quick Contemporary Romance that caught me be surprise
Here’s to a brilliant month ahead!
Give In by Layla Frost – Reviewed by Sparkles #Taboo #DirtyTalk #NewRelease
A Nanny For the Reclusive Billionaire by Regina Kyle – Reviewed by Sparkles #SingleDad #Millionaire #NewRelease
Bought For Marriage by Fiona Davenport – Reviewed by Sparkles and Spice #Deal #Novella #NewRelease
Lost In Bliss by Lexi Blake, Sophie Oak – Reviewed by Spice #MFM #Suspense
Windburn by Juliette Cross – Reviewed by Sparkles #Fantasy #Dragons #Novella #NewRelease
Soulfire by Juliette Cross – Reviewed by Sparkles and Spice #Fantasy #Dragons #NewRelease
Sinful Seduction by Katie Reus – Reviewed by Spice #ExMilitary #Novella #Steamy
Dancing in the Dark by T.L. Martin – Reviewed by Lily #BeyondDark #Revenge #DarkRomance
- Deal with the Devil by Kit Rocha - August 14, 2020
- Thunder by Susan Fanetti - May 15, 2020
- Pink by Bethany-Kris - May 8, 2020
- Scarlet Stone by Jewel E. Ann - May 1, 2020
- A Place Without You by Jewel E. Ann - April 23, 2020
- The Priest: An Original Sinners Novel by Tiffany Reisz - April 19, 2020
- Love Hard by Nalini Singh - March 10, 2020
- Waking Up With the Duke by Lorraine Heath - March 3, 2020
- The Weight of it All by N.R. Walker - February 19, 2020
- The Life That Mattered by Jewel E Ann - February 14, 2020