Lessons in Corruption by Giana Darling
Series: The Fallen Men #1
Also in this series: Welcome to the Dark Side
Published by Self-published on December 1, 2017
Genres: Biker / MC, Contemporary Romance
Buy on Amazon
Available on KU at posting: Yes
He was eighteen. The heir to a notorious, criminal MC. And my student.
There was no way I could get involved. No way I could stay involved. Then, no way I could get out alive.
An MC student/teacher romance.
It was the lure of am MC Romance that got me to overlook two aspects in the story I would usually avoid, that being a student/teacher romance and secondly an older woman. Fortunately the age difference was less than I expected. Minimal information is provided in the synopsis. The plot does cross into a taboo situation as already noted, but move past this and you will be rewarded with a good MC Romance.
King took me by surprise. Considering I went into the story reluctant to read about a younger guy being with an older woman, I was surprised how quickly I compartmentalised the connection they shared. He was the man, that was never in question. Rarely though did I see him as a student, his knowledge was equal to that of his teacher’s. His abilities inside and outside of the classroom had him easily bidding for control with a good odds at that others would yield to his demands.
Cressida, in her quest to start afresh, is learning fast about living life outside of her marriage. Some of the choices she made had me raising my eyebrows and others had me shaking my head in disbelief. Overall though, she was a good character and her chemistry with King more than made up for the personal choices she made that I thought were death knells to her continuing with her job. What I liked about Cressida was her compassion and self esteem.
What took precedence over the roles both King and Cressida began with was there was no denying they were meant for each other. He was a King who recognised the woman who would become his Queen. His challenge was to convince her to let her guard down long enough for him to make her forget all the consequences she knew being with him would entail.
Lessons in Corruption was a page turner and I was unable to put this book down. There were aspects to the story I didn’t relish but there’s no denying I got my MC Biker fix! The books in The Fallen Men MC are standalones and can be read out of order.
What I struggled with:
- Little concern for inappropriate behaviour in her workplace
- Teacher/student relationships when the student is the Hero
- Cressida’s hot and cold initial reactions
What I loved:
- Zeus – awesome father and he was the man who caught my attention!
- King’s dominant character making me forget his youth
- The chemistry between King and Cressida
- Daily offerings and the messages attached
- The MC Family time
- Priestly Sins by Hadley Finn - October 8, 2021
- Tarnished Soul by Beth Flynn - July 16, 2021
- For Lucy by Jewel E. Ann - July 5, 2021
- Black Sunshine by Karina Halle - June 14, 2021
- The Life You Stole by Jewel E. Ann - June 4, 2021
- Redemption by Susan Fanetti - May 28, 2021
- Deal with the Devil by Kit Rocha - August 14, 2020
- Thunder by Susan Fanetti - May 15, 2020
- Pink by Bethany-Kris - May 8, 2020
- Scarlet Stone by Jewel E. Ann - May 1, 2020