Love Is... A Walking Wounded Short Story by Lauren Gilley
Published by HP Press on February 11th 2017
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Buy on Amazon
Pure, unadulterated Valentine’s Day fluff and sweetness set a few months after Walking Wounded.
Luke hates Valentine’s Day. Always has. And yet, here he is, just after four in the morning, and he’s thinking about it. Worrying, actually. Because this year, he has a Valentine, and a no-gifts policy just isn’t going to be an option.
A delightful story that was just what I needed.
What a find! I was after a quick, easy read and a friend suggested Love Is… A Walking Wounded Short Story. Stuck in a book slump, this short story did the trick and lifted the dark cloud that was hovering. Surprisingly, another MM story that I wasn’t expecting from Lauren Gilley. A big fan of LG’s Lean Dog Series, I was waiting for a rough and tumble quickie. Instead, I devoured a sweet, beautiful love story.
Valentine’s Day is an occasion synonymous with chocolates and flowers but neither are more than an acknowledgement of remembering someone you love. These guys were on a mission to surprise each other with something that symbolised how perfect the love they felt for each other was. The story embodied the conundrum of gift giving.
Luke and Hal put a lot of thought into each other’s Valentine gifts. Ironically, I reflected that my hubby and I had exchanged simple treats we picked up on our way home from a busy day at work. Our token gifts were from the heart, and while we had a similar approach, theirs however, were on a much grander scale!
As a couple, I was 100% into Luke and Hal, but I wasn’t fussed with reading guys call each other by endearments. I am going to make time to get to these guys more in Walking Wounded after reading this delightful love story!
4 Delightful Stars
- From Blood and Ash by Jennifer L Armentrout - May 27, 2022
- CRIMINAL INTENTIONS: Season One, Episode One: THE CARDIGANS by Cole McCade - May 14, 2022
- Resolve by Susan Fanetti - February 20, 2022
- Rescue by Susan Fanetti - November 12, 2021
- Priestly Sins by Hadley Finn - October 8, 2021
- Tarnished Soul by Beth Flynn - July 16, 2021
- For Lucy by Jewel E. Ann - July 5, 2021
- Black Sunshine by Karina Halle - June 14, 2021
- The Life You Stole by Jewel E. Ann - June 4, 2021
- Redemption by Susan Fanetti - May 28, 2021