To the Edge by Anna del Mar
Series: At the Brink #2
Published by Carina Press on November 14th 2016
Buy on Amazon
Buy on Barnes & Noble
Buy on Walmart/Kobo
To learn about kink, she had to learn the ropes. Yet she never expected to be so compromised she'd need rescuing. And by him. The first man she'd ever loved. The former navy SEAL who'd broken her heart.
Clara's gone wild.
Naked. Cuffed. Caged. Is this the sweet senator's daughter I left behind?
I didn't know it was her when I rushed into that room filled with flames, but I'll never let her go again.
She's proposed a unique way to thank me. It could bring us both to the edge of ecstasy—or to the point of no return.
Clara wants to submit. To me. Totally. Damn any limits. The very thought of it has brought me back from the dead.
But a stranger is watching from the shadows. He's made us his fantasy. And he plays rougher than I do. Where he's taking us now is somewhere so dark, and so dangerous, that this time it could be inescapable.
I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book.
OMG, this is the first book I’ve read by Anna del Mar, and it blew me away. I was taken to the edge, held my breath and devoured this story from beginning to end.
Clara is leading a double life as a blogger for an erotic online website she has created and that of a dutiful daughter of a prominent politician. I know, probably not what you want to read about now, but bear with me. Coerced into experiencing the world she bases her blog on, she reluctantly agrees to time with a Dom. It seems OK, to begin with, she’s no fool, checking out credentials of the guy who a fellow blogger recommends. No amount of research can prepare her for what she has taken on.
It doesn’t end there. As Clara is trying to deal with an out of control situation, she comes face to face with a guy from her past. He hasn’t been in her good graces since he left town and is the last person she needs to walk into the room now. Beggars can’t be choosers, and she reluctantly accepts his help, then storms out mortified.
Together they push each other to be their best. Noah uses his ingenuity and creativity to reach out to Clara despite his limitations. His antics took Clara to the edge and beyond when she least wanted to be challenged. Some of his suggestions had me cringing. I was waiting for someone to discover what was going on and for their relationship to implode. What happened, though, the story had you filing away any concerns and going with the flow of the situation.
The ending tied up the problems Clara and Noah had with less than I thought was required which was the only reason I have held back on giving this book 5 stars. Apart from that minor detail, this book has led me to an author who has impressed the socks off me!
What I struggled with:
- A couple of loose ends that were tied up a little too swiftly
- Clara being a little too quick to jump to an opinion
What I loved:
- Noah’s attention to detail
- The lady taxi driver
- The interaction with his past partner, brief but it said so much
- The shower scene
- His approach to his therapy
- From Blood and Ash by Jennifer L Armentrout - May 27, 2022
- CRIMINAL INTENTIONS: Season One, Episode One: THE CARDIGANS by Cole McCade - May 14, 2022
- Resolve by Susan Fanetti - February 20, 2022
- Rescue by Susan Fanetti - November 12, 2021
- Priestly Sins by Hadley Finn - October 8, 2021
- Tarnished Soul by Beth Flynn - July 16, 2021
- For Lucy by Jewel E. Ann - July 5, 2021
- Black Sunshine by Karina Halle - June 14, 2021
- The Life You Stole by Jewel E. Ann - June 4, 2021
- Redemption by Susan Fanetti - May 28, 2021