Black Lies Published by Self-published on August 25, 2014
Genres: Suspense, Contemporary Romance
Buy on Amazon
Available on KU at posting: Yes
Became a tech billionaire by his twentieth birthday. Has been in a relationship with me for 3 years.
Has proposed 4 times. Been rejected 4 times.
Cuts grass when he’s not banging housewives. Good with his hands, his mouth, and his cock. Has been pursued relentlessly by me for almost 2 years, whether he knows it or not.
Go ahead. Judge me. You have no idea what my love entails.
If you think you’ve heard this story before, trust me – you haven’t.
A Great Story!
Well without giving away the secret, this book is going to be hard to review.
What I will say is that I was drawn back to my Nancy Drew days and loved trying to figure out what was going on and what the secret was. Pretty smug to admit, I guessed it but not the ending. I thought the body of the story right up to when the secret was revealed to all was brilliant. From then on, I don’t know if it was because I stopped looking for clarification to back up my presumptions or the fact that I wanted the pace to continue, but it didn’t have quite the same punch. The epilogue helped, but it felt a little rushed.
Black Lies was a unique story that kept me on the edge of my seat all day. The subject matter (not the plot) reminded me of a character in a TV series that was on some time ago. This was a great story not to be missed, but I am glad I avoided reviews and any talk of this book before starting. Knowing the secret earlier would have definitely spoilt the reading experience.
Rating: 4 Unique Stars
- Tarnished Soul by Beth Flynn - July 16, 2021
- For Lucy by Jewel E. Ann - July 5, 2021
- Black Sunshine by Karina Halle - June 14, 2021
- The Life You Stole by Jewel E. Ann - June 4, 2021
- Redemption by Susan Fanetti - May 28, 2021
- Deal with the Devil by Kit Rocha - August 14, 2020
- Thunder by Susan Fanetti - May 15, 2020
- Pink by Bethany-Kris - May 8, 2020
- Scarlet Stone by Jewel E. Ann - May 1, 2020
- A Place Without You by Jewel E. Ann - April 23, 2020