Sugar's Twice as Sweet by Marina Adair
Series: Sugar, Georgia #1
Published by Forever (Grand Central Publishing) on November 25th 2014
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Buy on Amazon
Buy on Barnes & Noble
Buy on Walmart/Kobo
Buy on Apple Itunes
He's trouble she doesn't need . . .
Thanks to a cheating fiancé, Josephina Harrington's perfect life just crashed and burned. Moving in with her overbearing parents is definitely not an option. No, she needs to prove she can make it on her own. And she will-by turning her great-aunt's old plantation house into a destination getaway. She's just not expecting her contractor to be so hands-on-and so totally irresistible.
. . . but everything she wants
Bad-boy golf champion Brett McGraw figured his hometown of Sugar, Georgia was the perfect place to lay low and get his life back up to par. The leggy blonde with a pint-sized pup is the kind of sweet 'n sassy trouble he never saw coming. She doesn't know a nut from a bolt and before long, he's renovating her house . . . as she steals his heart. Can he convince Josephina that his womanizing ways are in the past and he's ready for forever?
I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book.
I’m finding it hard to rate and review this book. I liked the main characters and I liked the crazy people of the town of Sugar. I enjoyed the storyline but if I’m being completely honest, up until Joie and Brett get down and dirty, the book dragged a bit and I had to make a conscious effort to keep at it. After 75% the book was very good, so I’m thinking that had they started having sex sooner in the story I would have enjoyed it a lot more (the sex was really, really hot).
There were funny moments, sweet moments, hot as hell moments, and even a very emotional scene when everything comes crashing down at poor Josephina’s feet.
Still, even loving the last 25% of the story, it’s not enough to make up for the first half of the book and I can’t help but think that if the setting was condensed a bit and their relationship had started a bit sooner I would have enjoyed it more.
A good read if you have the patience to power through the lagging start.
3 Slow but Hot Stars
- Deathly by Brynne Asher - April 20, 2021
- Marriage and Murder by Penny Reid - March 2, 2021
- Write Before Christmas by Julie Hammerle - December 1, 2020
- The Mistletoe Trap by Cindi Madsen - November 16, 2020
- Scars by Brynne Asher - November 11, 2020
- Miss Typed by Aubrey Bondurant - September 28, 2020
- When the Earl Met His Match by Stacy Reid - September 15, 2020
- Don’t Hex and Drive by Juliette Cross - September 8, 2020
- Mama and the Alien Warrior by Honey Phillips & Bex McLynn - September 2, 2020
- Little Dove by Layla Frost - August 26, 2020