Redemption by Susan Fanetti
Series: Brazen Bulls Birthright #1
Published by Self-published on May 1, 2021
Genres: Biker / MC
Buy on Amazon
A NEW SEQUEL SERIES TO THE BRAZEN BULLS MC
Edgar “Eight Ball” Johnston is the new president of the Brazen Bulls MC. After living his whole life without a filter, doing and saying whatever he wanted and damning the consequences, he’s shocked that his brothers voted to give him the gavel.
Now he has to figure out how to lead. How to become a man people will follow. How to honor the men who went before him. Hard lessons for a man his age to learn—and painful, too.
Marcella Lewis is the lead singer of a blues band with some regional fame. She and her bandmates are cobbling together their livings, and they’re looking for their big break. Marcella has an added incentive for success: she’s a single mom, and she wants to give her son every opportunity to become the man he wants to be.
Eight and Marcella hooked up for a few weeks back in the day, but more than a decade has gone by since they’ve seen each other. And good riddance, as far as she’s concerned. She has historically awful taste in men, and Edgar Johnston is a prime example.
Now, after all those years, he’s popping up in her life again, and generally being the jerk she remembers. But she also remembers why she was attracted to him in the first place—and the sense she’d once had that there was a good man buried deep under all the muscle and bravado.
Eight wants another chance. Marcella might be willing to entertain the idea, but before they could possibly work, he is going to have to change. And so is she.
If Eight really wants to be a better man, he’s got a lifetime of wrongs to redeem.If Marcella’s going to forgive him, she’s got to give up some control over the life she’s managed so carefully.
Only family is worth that work.
A fabulous start to the Brazen Bulls Birthright series!
I was instantly drawn to Eight Ball and his world. While the story started off slow, it eased you into this slow burn romance. The pace steadily ramped up and before I knew it I had a page-turner in my hands. I got to the point where I would gaze at the percentage left in the book fearful that it would end before I was ready to let it go.
Eight Ball is a man who is unwittingly craving redemption. The loss of a brother brings out a side of Eight he had no idea existed within him. Solitary life no longer held the same appeal it had previously for him. As Eight and Marcella’s relationship grew, so did Eight’s appreciation for all that surrounded him.
Marcella is a strong woman from a supportive family. Seeing her shroud her son in protection was heart-warming. Eight Ball proving he was worthy of her trust was equally beautiful. Marcella had to be convinced that it was going to be a positive long term arrangement before letting Eight back into her life.
Ajax, the ten year old kid with the unusual name, was a scene stealer. He was endearing without being cutesy and showed a level of maturity beyond his years through his respectful wisdom he offered to other adults.
Redemption brought together a good mix of romance, family and brotherhood with a healthy serving of MC drama. Of course, this is raw and brutal. More importantly there’s no sugarcoating which is why I love reading Ms Fanetti’s MC series so much! It took me all my resolve to settle in and write this review because all I wanted to do was find another book to sustain my bookbuzz.
What I struggled with:
- Ajax – I had no idea it was related to anything other than a cleaning product (obviously I have some homework to do!)
- What a musician will do to get ahead – I thought the aftermath of that launch would be a nightmare for all and surely the audience wouldn’t be limited to adults only
- The slow start – but it was the perfect introduction upon reflection of his life.
What I loved:
- Embracing fatherhood
- A realistic kid in a book who melted my heart!
- Mo’s motherly advice
- Brotherhood and forgiveness
- The steamy getting to know each other scenes
- The balcony scene and how it ended
- Sisterhood welcome and Eight Ball’s reaction
- The smile you get when you realise you could add so much more to your ‘what I loved’ list!
- Tarnished Soul by Beth Flynn - July 16, 2021
- For Lucy by Jewel E. Ann - July 5, 2021
- Black Sunshine by Karina Halle - June 14, 2021
- The Life You Stole by Jewel E. Ann - June 4, 2021
- Redemption by Susan Fanetti - May 28, 2021
- Deal with the Devil by Kit Rocha - August 14, 2020
- Thunder by Susan Fanetti - May 15, 2020
- Pink by Bethany-Kris - May 8, 2020
- Scarlet Stone by Jewel E. Ann - May 1, 2020
- A Place Without You by Jewel E. Ann - April 23, 2020