Thrown Off the Ice by Taylor Fitzpatrick
Published by Self-published on December 13, 2018
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Buy on Amazon
Buy on Barnes & Noble
Buy on Walmart/Kobo
Buy on Apple Itunes
Mike knew he was making a mistake when he let the rookie climb into bed with him. He just didn't know it'd be a mistake that would follow him for the rest of his life
Thrown Off The Ice is the first Taylor Fitzpatrick book I’ve read. It was the cover that first caught my attention with a caricature of an angry, injured man which didn’t appeal to me at all. I should have known better than to judge a book by its cover, LOL. Desperate for something different, I decided to try this MM Hockey romance. My risk paid off because this book is a gem that went straight to my 2019 Top 10 list. It’s a beautiful, poignant love story that’s best gone into blind.
Liam Fitzgerald and Mike are two guys at different stages in their careers who endure a battle of wisdom pitted against enthusiasm for want of a better word. A clash of resistance and persistence depicted through witty banter elevated this book to a 5 star read.
I don’t normally seek out to read MM romances but after reading this one, I reached out to readers in the know for recommendations. With all romance sub-genres, finding the right book can be hit and miss. This book reminded me that the strong alpha vibes combined with minimal BS relationship issues are the reason why I enjoy a good MM romance.
The unpredictable plot, strong characters and the well-paced writing stayed with me long after I read the book. It’s been nearly a month since I finished this book and yet Mike and Liam’s voices remain vividly in my memory.
This is a beautiful love story that gets under your skin and refuses to budge. An entertaining and emotional read that squeezed my heart so much it left me in a chilled, amused mood. The poignant life messages shared naturally throughout this book blew me away. If you enjoy MM romances, you are going to love Thrown Off the Ice.
- From Blood and Ash by Jennifer L Armentrout - May 27, 2022
- CRIMINAL INTENTIONS: Season One, Episode One: THE CARDIGANS by Cole McCade - May 14, 2022
- Resolve by Susan Fanetti - February 20, 2022
- Rescue by Susan Fanetti - November 12, 2021
- Priestly Sins by Hadley Finn - October 8, 2021
- Tarnished Soul by Beth Flynn - July 16, 2021
- For Lucy by Jewel E. Ann - July 5, 2021
- Black Sunshine by Karina Halle - June 14, 2021
- The Life You Stole by Jewel E. Ann - June 4, 2021
- Redemption by Susan Fanetti - May 28, 2021