Oh Snowy Night by Ella Goode
Published by Self-published on December 14th 2019
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Buy on Amazon
Available on KU at posting: Yes
Oh! Snowy night the stars are brightly shining It is the night of the lumberjack’s big fall
Long lay his heart in eternal slumber
Till she appeared and his soul felt enthralled
A thrill of hope the romance world rejoices
For yonder breaks a new and glorious tale
Swipe open your Kindles
And read the latest story
Of the slight surly Conn
And of Faith who brought new hope
Let me start by saying I have a weak spot for OTT insta-love stories where the guys are all “mine” at first sight and they promptly go into smutty impregnation mode. I don’t even mind the innocent-virgin-bubble-head h types that generally grace this type of book.
“My own orgasm crashes over me and I pump my seed into her welcoming body. I’m going to make her pregnant. I’m going to give her a baby. I’m going to keep her forever”.
However, in this instance, Oh Snowy Night was more of a miss for me. Even if Conn was super gruff and growly, he went from “how do I get rid of this chick even though she’s hot AF” to “You’re the love of my life and I will keep you forever” with literally no in-between. One page he didn’t want her, the next he doesn’t want to fuck her but to make love… I mean, I’m all for suspending reality and just going with the flow. I have read and loved tons of Alexa Riley’s such romances, but I just didn’t feel it here.
The fact that it wasn’t even all that raunchy didn’t help matters as I felt it wasn’t really a sweet romance, nor was it pure smut…
In the end, I had some laughs, their pets were cute and I can’t say I totally hated it, but it just wasn’t what I was hoping for. Fortunately, at the time I read this, it was available on KU or I would have been a seriously pissed camper.
Rating: 2 “crushingly underwhelmed” stars
- Cover Reveal and Excerpt: Whiskey Home by Taryn Rivers - September 29, 2021
- Totally Folked by Penny Reid - July 20, 2021
- Dusk Before Dawn by Fiona Davenport - May 31, 2021
- Damaged by Layla Frost - May 24, 2021
- Deathly by Brynne Asher - April 20, 2021
- Marriage and Murder by Penny Reid - March 2, 2021
- Write Before Christmas by Julie Hammerle - December 1, 2020
- The Mistletoe Trap by Cindi Madsen - November 16, 2020
- Scars by Brynne Asher - November 11, 2020
- Miss Typed by Aubrey Bondurant - September 28, 2020