Privilege by Bethany-Kris
Series: Renzo + Lucia #1
Also in this series: Harbor, Contempt, Forever
Published by Self-published on January 7, 2019
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Buy on Amazon
Buy on Barnes & Noble
Buy on Apple Itunes
They didn’t come from the same world …
Born rich to a family of mafia royalty, Lucia Marcello was already destined to succeed. She wanted for absolutely nothing, until she met him.
Born poor to parents who never cared, Renzo Zulla was already destined to fail. He has struggled for absolutely everything, but she’ll prove to be his biggest fight yet.
She’s high society from the upscale suburbs. He’s a drug dealer from New York’s slums.
They just weren’t meant to be … until they were.
What would it take to change a life—an entire perspective? All the things you thought you knew and wanted?
For them, it took thirty-six days. And the privilege of meeting each other.
They shouldn’t be. They don’t fit. Love doesn’t care.
Note: Privilege is book one in a three-book trilogy following the same couple.
I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book.
Ever read a book that you instantly fell in love with and got disappointed each time you glanced at how many pages remained? Well that was me throughout this book. I could have easily devoured this book in one sitting but life demanded I read it over two sittings. Thank goodness the next book Harbor is due out soon.
Renzo radiated charm and backed it up with being a devoted brother to his siblings. His taking on the role of the head of the family as soon as he was able to added to his appeal. When he went all out for Lucia, he proved his place on my favourite book boyfriends list.
Lucia is feisty, grounded and keen to see the world beyond her privileged life of being a Marcello. Helping out at a local shelter, she meets Ren, a man she took in a deep visual of at a family restaurant recently.
Before you knew it they were inseparable. What Ren lacked in wealth, he more than made up for in character. Lucia needed nothing more than to be in his presence. Her father Lucian is of the opinion that no good can come of their being together and goes out of his way to prove his point.
Once again, Bethany-Kris has swept me up in another Mafia Romance with her fast paced writing that will immediately draw you in. The ending leaves Ren and Lucia’s predicament in the air as they enjoy a moment of contentment.
What I struggle with:
- Nothing apart from wanting to go back to the beginning and read it again.
What I loved:
- Lucia standing up to her father
- Ren’s fearless pursuit of the woman he loves
- Lucia and Ren’s combined relentlessness
- Diego and Rosie’s secondary features in the story
- Thunder by Susan Fanetti - May 15, 2020
- Pink by Bethany-Kris - May 8, 2020
- Scarlet Stone by Jewel E. Ann - May 1, 2020
- A Place Without You by Jewel E. Ann - April 23, 2020
- The Priest: An Original Sinners Novel by Tiffany Reisz - April 19, 2020
- Love Hard by Nalini Singh - March 10, 2020
- Waking Up With the Duke by Lorraine Heath - March 3, 2020
- The Weight of it All by N.R. Walker - February 19, 2020
- The Life That Mattered by Jewel E Ann - February 14, 2020
- Thrown Off the Ice by Taylor Fitzpatrick - February 6, 2020