Styx by Layla Frost
Series: The Four #1
Also in this series: Stoned
Published by Self-published on October 23rd 2018
Buy on Amazon
Next to me. In front of me. Behind me. Below me. It mocks me. My prison. My hell.
I don’t know who I am. Where I am. How long I’ve been here. Decades? Centuries? It’s felt like an eternity.
For all the unknowns, one truth has grown stronger with the torturous passing of time... I wish I was dead.
Or, at least, I did until I heard her. She gives me hope. A purpose. Freedom.
I follow her, soaking in everything she does and growing more dependent. Never in my long life have I seen anyone so perfect.
Now I just have to find a way to make her hear me.
And being able to see me would probably help, too…
Warning: Recommended for readers 18+ due to strong adult language, themes, and lovin’ so good, it must be magicks.
I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book.
This is just so good you won’t know what hit you. And I don’t want to spoil the fun for anyone so there’s little I can say without ruining some surprise or other so… this is what I came up with:
A quirky, sarcastic and hilarious heroine: ✔
A sexy, alpha, bossy, possessive hero: ✔✔
Unexpected happenings and plot twists: ✔✔✔
Scorching hot chemistry and sexnanigans: ✔✔✔✔
Whatever you think you want in a paranormal romance, Styx has it in spades. I loved absolutely everything in this story, and it has completely cemented Layla Frost as an author to fangirl after. I laughed my ass off, I smiled like a dork, and I definitely had to fan myself on more than one occasion. The mystery, suspense and intrigue will have you glued to the pages, and every character will charm the crap out of you.
With a great pace, a fabulous set of characters and the humor I’ve come to expect from Ms. Frost, this out of the ordinary paranormal was a complete hit for me and it’s going straight to my top ten books of the year for sure. There is only one problem that I could think of, and that is that the next book in the series is not going to be out next week.
Rating: 5 “A-freakin-mazing” Stars
- The Mistletoe Trap by Cindi Madsen - November 16, 2020
- Scars by Brynne Asher - November 11, 2020
- Miss Typed by Aubrey Bondurant - September 28, 2020
- When the Earl Met His Match by Stacy Reid - September 15, 2020
- Don’t Hex and Drive by Juliette Cross - September 8, 2020
- Mama and the Alien Warrior by Honey Phillips & Bex McLynn - September 2, 2020
- Little Dove by Layla Frost - August 26, 2020
- By a Thread by Lucy Score - August 4, 2020
- Miss Understanding by Aubrey Bondurant - July 31, 2020
- Omens by Suzanne Wright - July 27, 2020