Blackburn by Brynne Asher
Series: Special Forces: Operation Alpha
Also in this series: Guarding Cindy
Published by Aces Publishing on June 26th 2018
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Buy on Amazon
She’s my employee.
I’m her boss’s boss. Hell, I own the company.
Pursuing Lillian Burkette was a line I shouldn’t cross.
Until a work trip from hell changed everything.
I didn’t just step over the line. I annihilated the damn thing.
When it comes to her, there’s nothing I wouldn’t do. I’d even kill for her.
When they say the corporate world is a jungle … they have no idea.
I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book.
It’s already been proven that Ms. Asher can write whatever the hell she wants and I will love it, and Blackburn was no exception. In this short novella, we get all the sexiness, the action and the hot bossy alpha one would expect.
Lillian’s been working in Gabe’s company for a couple of months now, and no matter what yummy baked goods she takes, or how hard she tries to make a good impression on the big boss… he simply doesn’t seem to like her. That is until a work trip turned escape from the jungle finally puts things in perspective for Gabe and he goes full throttle in pursuit of Lillian.
I loved them both. Lillian was sweet, charming and an all-around nice person. She also had determination in spades, as she pretty much handled everything that was thrown her way in stride. Gabe was totally dreamy. At first, he came off as a bit of a jerk, but once his protective side came out to play and he decided to go ahead and pursue Lillian everything changed. He was alpha and bossy, sexy in a grunty-gruff kind of way and when he went all alpha sweet on Lillian, well he melted me into a puddle of goo.
With action, suspense and great chemistry, Blackburn was a very enjoyable read. I ended up wishing it could have been longer, but I can’t say I was left unsatisfied… here’s just hoping the next one is a full-length story, even if I have to wait a bit longer for it.
Rating: 4 “Sexy in the jungle “ Stars
- Miss Typed by Aubrey Bondurant - September 28, 2020
- When the Earl Met His Match by Stacy Reid - September 15, 2020
- Don’t Hex and Drive by Juliette Cross - September 8, 2020
- Mama and the Alien Warrior by Honey Phillips & Bex McLynn - September 2, 2020
- Little Dove by Layla Frost - August 26, 2020
- By a Thread by Lucy Score - August 4, 2020
- Miss Understanding by Aubrey Bondurant - July 31, 2020
- Omens by Suzanne Wright - July 27, 2020
- Engagement and Espionage by Penny Reid - July 14, 2020
- Book’em Sadie by Danielle Norman - July 10, 2020