Blackburn by Brynne Asher
Series: Special Forces: Operation Alpha
Published by Aces Publishing on June 26th 2018
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Buy on Amazon
She’s my employee.
I’m her boss’s boss. Hell, I own the company.
Pursuing Lillian Burkette was a line I shouldn’t cross.
Until a work trip from hell changed everything.
I didn’t just step over the line. I annihilated the damn thing.
When it comes to her, there’s nothing I wouldn’t do. I’d even kill for her.
When they say the corporate world is a jungle … they have no idea.
I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book.
It’s already been proven that Ms. Asher can write whatever the hell she wants and I will love it, and Blackburn was no exception. In this short novella, we get all the sexiness, the action and the hot bossy alpha one would expect.
Lillian’s been working in Gabe’s company for a couple of months now, and no matter what yummy baked goods she takes, or how hard she tries to make a good impression on the big boss… he simply doesn’t seem to like her. That is until a work trip turned escape from the jungle finally puts things in perspective for Gabe and he goes full throttle in pursuit of Lillian.
I loved them both. Lillian was sweet, charming and an all-around nice person. She also had determination in spades, as she pretty much handled everything that was thrown her way in stride. Gabe was totally dreamy. At first, he came off as a bit of a jerk, but once his protective side came out to play and he decided to go ahead and pursue Lillian everything changed. He was alpha and bossy, sexy in a grunty-gruff kind of way and when he went all alpha sweet on Lillian, well he melted me into a puddle of goo.
With action, suspense and great chemistry, Blackburn was a very enjoyable read. I ended up wishing it could have been longer, but I can’t say I was left unsatisfied… here’s just hoping the next one is a full-length story, even if I have to wait a bit longer for it.
Rating: 4 “Sexy in the jungle “ Stars
- Cover reveal: Darkest Heart by Juliette Cross - July 13, 2018
- Immortal Dreams by Abbie Zanders - July 13, 2018
- The Army Ranger’s Surprise by Donna Michaels - July 10, 2018
- Blackburn by Brynne Asher - June 27, 2018
- Good Girl by Jana Aston - June 22, 2018
- Cover Reveal: Handle With Care by Nina Croft - June 18, 2018
- Scotland or Bust by Kira Archer - June 14, 2018
- The Varlet and the Voyeur by L.H. Cosway & Penny Reid - June 11, 2018
- Bitten Under Fire by Heather Long - May 27, 2018
- Release Blitz: Cocktales an Anthology by the Cocky Collective - May 26, 2018