It was a busy but good week at Edgy. We debuted our first official Top Ten list, Top Ten Biker Romances and we had a blast putting it together. It was the top post of the week! We will eventually have a Top Ten page with our lists for all the romance subgenres we love to read. Currently in the works are lists for both Mafia Romances and Paranormal Romance Series. If you’ve got favorites in either of those categories, give us a heads up. We are always looking for great reads! ~Spice
It’s the beginning of the work year here in the southern hemisphere and that coupled with me going back to work full time after my health hiccup last year is kicking my butt. I’ve been enjoying some ARCs from the Aurora Rose Reynolds Kindle World: Happily Ever Alpha (and hoping I’ll get a couple more as KW doesn’t work for non-US residents).
I’m currently enjoying a delightful historical ARC by Stacy Reid, The Earl in My Bed. Up next I’ll be diving into another upcoming ARC, Maybe Someone Like You by Stacy Wise, featuring a sexy martial artist. I can’t wait! I’ll probably be doing some re-reading of sexy and possessive alphas, and considering I’m having a long weekend next week I’ll have to wait and see what I’m in the mood for.
With reading time this week limited to airports and a few free weeknight evenings I only read a couple of ARCs and a novella. The novella came in handy when Sam Mariano’s Staying in Vegas would only show on my iPad, which left me with limited access. I had to get creative to accommodate a two-hour train trip on Friday night, discovering I still had Sweet Valentine Morelli’s novellas still to be read on my phone app which turned out to be the perfect option.
- The much anticipated conclusion to John + Siena’s story, Disgrace by Bethany-Kris (ARC) kicked off my week and what a great start. It was a bit more laid back than I anticipated but still with crazy dramas. As I said last week, early on I needed to go back and read the last bit of Loyalty to ease into Disgrace.
- For Mateo fans, A Valentine’s Day Treat by Sam Mariano contains two quick novellas that will warm your bones and put a smirk on your face. They are written for people who have read the Morelli Family series and provided a nice sidestep from Staying in Vegas.
- Staying in Vegas (ARC) by Sam Mariano took me by surprise. Rafe is more subdued than I expected. It was his muscle on the side who caught my attention and will no doubt create an air of frustration for him in the future. This was a good start to a new series.
I have no idea what I’ll read next which means time to dig through books I have purchased but am yet to read. I don’t 1-click books, even freebies, unless they interest me. The scary fact is I could easily go a year or three just reading what I have without having to spend a cent. So I dare not say I have nothing to read, I am just overwhelmed with my choice!
I did manage to get some reading done in between all that peopling and baking. I finally got to read my ARC for Hot and Badgered by Shelly Laurenston. It was awesome! I also participated in a Buddy Read on one of my favorite Goodreads groups, the Biker Book Babes. These chicks are super fun and if you like biker romances, you should check this group out. The book chosen was Undaunted by Crystal Daniels and Sandy Alvarez. The book itself was promising but had a serious case of first-book-itis, although most of us will be checking out the next one in the series. I also read Razor by Candace Blevins, and that review will be posting shortly.
Next up will be Searing Ecstasy by Setta Jay. I’ve been slowly making my way through that series and enjoying every second of the smoking hot, action-packed stories. After that, I have no idea what I’m going to read next. I’m kind of looking forward to a short break from ARC’s and just reading whatever strikes me when I open my iPad.
Favorite Quotes of The Week
Review and Post Recap
Brazilian Fantasy by Cathryn Fox
With funny banter, hot chemistry and off the charts scorching sextivities, Sparkles adored this one.
Cover Reveal: Dirty by Callie Hart
You have to wait until April 4 for the book, but in the meantime, feast your eyes on this H-O-T cover!
Guardian of Darkness by Katie Reus
This was fast paced with lots of mystery, action, and plenty of sweet, sexy times. Spice can’t get enough of this series.
Three To Ride by Lexi Blake
Everyone needs a little Bliss in their life! With new chapters, this was fun, heartwarming and so hot I thought my iPad would combust.
Edgy’s Top Ten Biker Series
By Spice, Lily, and Sparkles
Need some hot, sexy, biker reads? Look no further than our new Top Ten Biker Reads. Enjoy the ride!
Full House by Sarah Curtis
An Edgy Buddy Read
Once again, Sarah Curtis gives us a light, quick, easy, low angst read all of us enjoyed.
- Losing It All by Kati Wilde - August 10, 2020
- Pivot by Kat Martin, Alexandra Ivy, & Rebecca Zanetti - July 22, 2020
- The Unseen by Thea Harrison - July 16, 2020
- Desolation Road by Christine Feehan - July 7, 2020
- Healing of the Wolf by Cherise Sinclair - July 3, 2020
- Ancient Protector by Katie Reus - June 29, 2020
- Lone Star by Lauren Gilley - June 5, 2020
- Dream Maker by Kristen Ashley - May 26, 2020
- Prodigal Son by Lauren Gilley - May 20, 2020
- When He’s Dark by Suzanne Wright - May 4, 2020