Legacy by Sarah Osborne
Series: The Freaks MC, #3
Also in this series: A Family Man, Sanctuary, Itinerant Child: Freaks MC: England
on April 16, 2015
Genres: Biker / MC
Buy on Amazon
SM: Jan 24 2018
Legacy is a wonderful story about interesting characters, their strong ties and the abundance of love which surrounded them.
Our legacy is the gift that we give to the people that we leave behind. Our lives shape us, circumstances are sometimes beyond our control, but ultimately, who we are, who we choose to be, defines our legacy. The final installment of the story of Tiny and Samson. And of the people whose lives are forged by the choices they make.
Legacy spans over three generations, encompassing all the highs and lows life dishes up in between. It had been a while since I last read Sanctuary, the previous book in The Freaks MC series and it took a little while for the familiarity of the characters to return to me. Fortunately, this story can be read as a stand-alone, so it wasn’t a problem.
What made this story stand out was the heroines didn’t embrace club life. I found this to be an interesting angle. Usually, it’s the depiction of club life that enhances an MC / Biker story. These ladies were not without fear or doubt, but they preferred to keep their lives separate from the club, finding support in each other. This, in turn, highlighted the struggle the men had determining what was important to them in life. Many of their choices stretched their heart and sense of loyalty. As a consequence, this created tension within their homes and the club.
The journeys of the two main couples occurred naturally and never came across as convenient or orchestrated. The story flowed effortlessly, and I barely noticed as it changed to focus on generations or the years that had passed in between. The title Legacy proved apt with the appreciation of their solidly built family continuing to grow as the story progressed.
Make sure you have Kleenex ready for the epilogue! My eyes began to mist up big time when the reminiscing commenced, and my tears surprised the heck out of me. Covering as many years as the book did, there was the inevitable losses and heartache of life, but it was beautifully balanced with the welcoming of the next generation of children. Legacy is a wonderful story about interesting characters, their strong ties and the abundance of love which surrounded them.
What I struggled with:
What I loved:
- The candid way they spoke to each other
- Tiny’s influence
- The realities of life with children
- Felix and his gutsy bravado, a true friend
- Women who were strong and independent when it counted
- Friends who never gave up on each other
- The epilogue
Lily’s Rating: 5 Stars
- Deal with the Devil by Kit Rocha - August 14, 2020
- Thunder by Susan Fanetti - May 15, 2020
- Pink by Bethany-Kris - May 8, 2020
- Scarlet Stone by Jewel E. Ann - May 1, 2020
- A Place Without You by Jewel E. Ann - April 23, 2020
- The Priest: An Original Sinners Novel by Tiffany Reisz - April 19, 2020
- Love Hard by Nalini Singh - March 10, 2020
- Waking Up With the Duke by Lorraine Heath - March 3, 2020
- The Weight of it All by N.R. Walker - February 19, 2020
- The Life That Mattered by Jewel E Ann - February 14, 2020