Unwrapped by Jessica Gadziala
Published by Self-published on December 8, 2016
Buy on Amazon
Lyra was determined to have a classic, good old-fashioned, traditional Christmas this year complete with snow, gingerbread houses, lights, and wrapped presents. Even if that meant she had to have it completely on her own.
And that was the plan as she drove out of the City and up into the steep hills of Vermont toward some secluded cabins where she could have what was totally not going to be a depressing head-in-the-oven-Christmas-For-One.
She never quite made it to the cabins. And, along the way, found that while a Christmas alone wasn’t all that great, a Christmas for two, yeah, that was pretty amazing…
* This is a short, sweet, insta-lust, insta-love story with a ton of sweet moments and a lot of steam. Very explicit sexual content.
Unwrapped is one surprisingly adorable Christmas treat, especially when you consider that the author, Jessica Gadziala, is the queen of OTT gritty WTF-ery books.
A fateful car wreck in a blizzard brings Lyra and Jack snowed in together at Christmas. Lyra is an orphan who never had the chance to celebrate a traditional Christmas. Jack hasn’t celebrated Christmas since his family was tragically killed on Christmas Eve.
I liked both Jack and Lyra. Jack, a loner, was absolutely the sweetest alpha character I’ve ever come across. He ticked off all my perfect hero boxes with his alpha sweet personality, especially since he went out of his way to give Lyra the most perfect Christmas he could. Lyra was so strong despite her upbringing. Her determination to make Christmas memories even if she was alone won me over.
What I really liked about the book was that even though everything happens in a short period of time, I never felt an insta-love vibe (even though the synopsis says it’s there), just a strong insta-lust one. We got to be there as Christmas wove its magic around Jack and Lyra who then fell in love the old fashioned way. Sweetly and adorably because of the selfless little things they did for each other.
Lyra’s joy at experiencing each little Christmas tradition like trimming a tree made me appreciate even more my family’s traditions. Nearly every page brought a smile to my face. It wasn’t my usual gritty and action filled book, but I thoroughly enjoyed it anyway.
Rating: 4 Christmas Sweet Stars
- When He’s An Alpha by Suzanne Wright - June 11, 2021
- Ancient Enemy by Katie Reus - August 25, 2020
- Losing It All by Kati Wilde - August 10, 2020
- Healing of the Wolf by Cherise Sinclair - July 3, 2020
- Ancient Protector by Katie Reus - June 29, 2020
- Lone Star by Lauren Gilley - June 5, 2020
- Prodigal Son by Lauren Gilley - May 20, 2020
- When He’s Dark by Suzanne Wright - May 4, 2020
- Angels’ Blood by Nalini Singh - February 24, 2020
- Clean Sweep by Ilona Andrews - January 17, 2020