My Father's Best Friend by Fiona Davenport
Published by Self-published on November 14th 2016
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Buy on Amazon
When Ethan Parker’s investigation leads him to Delilah Brooks, he hopes he’s finally found his best friend’s long-lost daughter. What he wasn’t expecting was to want her for himself—with an intensity that drives him to get her pregnant before her father finds out about the two of them.
Delilah falls hard and fast for Ethan. But she isn’t sure what to think when he confesses his connection to the father she’s never met. Or how her father is going to react when he learns she’s having his best friend’s baby.
I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book.
It seems we’ve migrated from stepbrother fetishes to silver foxes as there are a lot of “my dad’s friend” stories going around. I, for one, am quite enjoying this new trend.
Ethan owns a security agency and has been looking for his best friend’s long lost daughter for the last decade. Nobody knew why the girl had disappeared while pregnant with his friend’s baby, but finally, a promising lead drove Ethan to at long last find Lilah.
The catch? With one look he knew she was the woman for him no matter she was his best friend’s daughter or that she had just turned 18. Lilah had had to grow up fast the last couple of years having to take care of her mother while she battled cancer meant she had to be a responsible adult. Sweet and innocent still, one look at Ethan was all she needed to know he was it for her.
He proceeded to sweep her off her feet and get her tied to him in every possible way before she found out who had sent him after her and before his best friend realized they were soon to become actual family.
I really enjoyed reading My Father’s Best Friend it was hot and sexy for sure, it had a little mystery, and Ethan was the epitome of the obsessive-possessive bossy alpha. An all-around hit for me.
Rating: 4 “overly protective, alpha caveman” Stars
- Deathly by Brynne Asher - April 20, 2021
- Marriage and Murder by Penny Reid - March 2, 2021
- Write Before Christmas by Julie Hammerle - December 1, 2020
- The Mistletoe Trap by Cindi Madsen - November 16, 2020
- Scars by Brynne Asher - November 11, 2020
- Miss Typed by Aubrey Bondurant - September 28, 2020
- When the Earl Met His Match by Stacy Reid - September 15, 2020
- Don’t Hex and Drive by Juliette Cross - September 8, 2020
- Mama and the Alien Warrior by Honey Phillips & Bex McLynn - September 2, 2020
- Little Dove by Layla Frost - August 26, 2020