Her Halloween Treat by Tiffany Reisz
Series: Men at Work #1
Published by Harlequin on September 20th 2016
Buy on Amazon
Buy on Barnes & Noble
Buy on Walmart/Kobo
Buy on Google Play
Trick…or wicked treat!
It was a devastating dirty trick—Joey Silvia just found out her boyfriend of two years is married. What. A. Dick. Joey knows her best chance to get over one guy is to get under another. Of course, heading home to her family's remote cabin in Oregon poses some challenges in the "available men" department…until she discovers this cabin comes with its own hot handyman!
Holy crap, Chris Steffensen. When did her brother's best friend turn into a hard-bodied pile of blond-bearded hotness? He's the perfect Halloween treat—and a surprisingly dirty rebound guy. For a couple of weeks, anyway. Except that Chris has other ideas…like proving to Joey that this blast from the past is a whole lot more than a naughty Halloween hookup.
Trick or treat?
We would all rather receive a treat then be tricked, but the choice should always be there! When Joey aka Jolene (and yes, Dolly Parton was on loop in my head every time I read Jolene) decides to surprise her boyfriend with a surprise visit on her way to her brother’s wedding, she gets a rude shock when Ben doesn’t answer the door. Damn rude as in his wife answers her knock and Ben is not happy she is there. Not cool nor the surprise Joey had in mind. He never mentioned a wife and she never suspected there was one.
‘Kira told me that the best way to get over one guy is to get under another.’
After the not so nice surprise reception Ben gave her, she decided to head straight over to the family cabin. This time when she walks straight in without knocking, she gets a lovely treat in the shape of Chris, an old school friend of her brother’s who is still in the throws of putting the finishing touches on the freshly renovated cabin. A very pleasant surprise. The renovations and the man holding the paint brush both look impressive and life starts looking a whole lot better. Timing is everything, and as tempting, as Chris is, the pain of her recent breakup is too raw.
What transpires is a bit of escapism and a no strings attached couple of weeks of fun. Joey laid down the rules: she would be returning home after the wedding, and Chris had to promise her he wouldn’t coerce her into staying. Chris uses a clever bit of ingenuity to impress Joey and does all he can in a not so obvious way to get her to stay.
It took me a while to get into the story, but once I did, I couldn’t put it down. I liked both Chris and Joey, but it was her brother Oscar and his partner/fiance Dillon that brought the story to life for me. Their banter added a fun dimension to the story.
I have read this series out of order, but that hasn’t been a problem. Each book has been a standalone. The writing has the familiar style of Tiffany Reisz that I enjoy, naughty, witty and wonderfully entertaining. While it wasn’t as intense as The Original Sinners Series, The Men at Work Series books are becoming a little indulgence I am enjoying. Her Halloween Treat And Her Naughty Holiday are good vacation books to have on hand.
What I struggled with:
- The beginning – I wanted answers after the wife answered the door
- Endless boinking in the beginning, as she took her friend’s advice and let loose. I needed a bit more story in between their HEAs LOL. Mind you the scenes were well written and not a hardship to read!
What I loved:
- The down to earth nature of the workman in this series!
- Girlfriends who are a phone call away when you need them 🙂
- The themed wedding
- The idea for the small cabin
- From Blood and Ash by Jennifer L Armentrout - May 27, 2022
- CRIMINAL INTENTIONS: Season One, Episode One: THE CARDIGANS by Cole McCade - May 14, 2022
- Resolve by Susan Fanetti - February 20, 2022
- Rescue by Susan Fanetti - November 12, 2021
- Priestly Sins by Hadley Finn - October 8, 2021
- Tarnished Soul by Beth Flynn - July 16, 2021
- For Lucy by Jewel E. Ann - July 5, 2021
- Black Sunshine by Karina Halle - June 14, 2021
- The Life You Stole by Jewel E. Ann - June 4, 2021
- Redemption by Susan Fanetti - May 28, 2021