Sweet Like Candy by Evie Harrison
Published by Self-published on October 30, 2016
Genres: Contemporary Romance, Erotica
Buy on Amazon
Julia Kaye spends her days decorating cakes and daydreaming about finding Mr. Right. She’s tried it all—fix ups, speed dating, online profiles and even a popular phone app, all with no success. She’s sure her dream man is out there, but she’s done trying to find him herself. She figure's when it’s meant to be; fate will find a way.
Ryan Walters is a workaholic who’s not looking for Mrs. Right. He’s not even looking for Mrs. Right Now. Instead, he spends his days focused on what he cares about most— amassing a fortune. Aside from his sister and her children, Ryan has no time for entanglements of any kind.
What happens when one confirmed bachelor meets the sweetest girl in the world?
Happily ever after, of course!
I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book.
Have a spoonful of honey with sugar and you might get just how sweet this story was. Ryan hasn’t been interested in sex for a long time now, chucking it to a low sex drive and a career-oriented life, he was more than OK with his single status. One look at his nephew’s birthday cake’s baker would change all that.
Julia is a sweet, shy girl dedicated to her baking passion. With days starting at 4.30 am it doesn’t leave her with lots of time to socialize or find a boyfriend, not that she has ever found any man remotely interesting. But one look at Ryan when he comes to pick up a cake is all it takes to make her heart his.
Ryan was bossy and caring, and once he found his woman he was 100% devoted. His relationship with his sister was a fun addition to the story. Julia was as sweet as her baked goods and completely besotted with Ryan after one glance.
In typical OTT romance fashion, their courtship moved at warp speed and was filled with hot steamy loving. Fun, sweet and sexy Sweet Like Candy was good and entertaining. There’s no conflict, ex’s or obstacles to overcome, making this a very safe and quick story.
Rating: 3.5 “OTT sweet” Stars
Buy The Book
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Deathly by Brynne Asher - April 20, 2021
- Marriage and Murder by Penny Reid - March 2, 2021
- Write Before Christmas by Julie Hammerle - December 1, 2020
- The Mistletoe Trap by Cindi Madsen - November 16, 2020
- Scars by Brynne Asher - November 11, 2020
- Miss Typed by Aubrey Bondurant - September 28, 2020
- When the Earl Met His Match by Stacy Reid - September 15, 2020
- Don’t Hex and Drive by Juliette Cross - September 8, 2020
- Mama and the Alien Warrior by Honey Phillips & Bex McLynn - September 2, 2020
- Little Dove by Layla Frost - August 26, 2020