Tempting the Law by Alexa Riley
Published by Self-published on August 3rd 2016
Buy on Amazon
Eden literally fell into Coen's arms as he rescued her, and she has belonged to him ever since that day. She has sent him an invitation to her graduation and he's obliged to go... Right?
Coen has always been Eden's knight in shining armor, and now she needs him more than ever. Will he come and rescue her one final time?
Warning: This book is short, with speed-of-light insta-love and a ridiculous storyline. If you're looking for quick and dirty, then come tempt the law with us!
I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book.
Well, there’s nothing much I can say about Tempting the Law that isn’t included in the blurb without retelling the story so, we’ll just jump into how I felt about it. As with any other AR story, everything was uber-OTT insta-everything with an obsessed alpha badass and an innocent virgin sweet girl.
“I reach between us, already thinking about cumming in her tight virgin womb. If I plant my seed there then she’s mine forever, no matter what.”
I actually enjoy this type of story so I have no issues with ridiculous storylines, but once again I felt there was a lot of potential that was never explored because of its shortness.
Don’t get me wrong, it was a fun 40 minutes of raunchy wall sex and hands in fun places… I just wanted a bit more. Both Eden and Coen needed more depth to their characters. There was the whole family/step-father angle that could have been expanded on, and Coen’s security agency could have been used a platform to elaborate on their relationship.
As it is, I enjoyed reading Tempting the Law. It was hot, smutty and sweet but it definitely left me wanting for more. I’ll give it to AR though, she always gives me the epilogues I love.
Sparkles Rating: 3 “OMG could this be anymore OTT” Stars
- Totally Folked by Penny Reid - July 20, 2021
- Dusk Before Dawn by Fiona Davenport - May 31, 2021
- Damaged by Layla Frost - May 24, 2021
- Deathly by Brynne Asher - April 20, 2021
- Marriage and Murder by Penny Reid - March 2, 2021
- Write Before Christmas by Julie Hammerle - December 1, 2020
- The Mistletoe Trap by Cindi Madsen - November 16, 2020
- Scars by Brynne Asher - November 11, 2020
- Miss Typed by Aubrey Bondurant - September 28, 2020
- When the Earl Met His Match by Stacy Reid - September 15, 2020