Unrequited Series: Fallen Aces MC #1
on February 16, 2016
Genres: Biker / MC, Suspense
Buy on Amazon
She was, still is, and will never be anything but my everything.
Our love was all consuming, passionate, and forbidden. We took risks to be together, carrying on an affair for months before her psychotic drug lord husband found the truth behind the lies. She barely escaped with her life … and that of my son.
My club president told me that our love was no longer worth the risk, gave me a choice, and loyalty to the club being what it is, I walked away from her. I left behind the only thing I’ve ever wanted more than life itself and remained the dutiful soldier to a corrupt leader.
Six years and a promotion to club president later, it’s time the lies stopped. She IS worth the risk, I’ve NEVER gone a day without thinking about her OR my son, and I know underneath it all she DOES still love me. She just won’t admit it … yet.
Unrequited, a story that had me hoping and wishing for the impossible. Characters without fear surround the heroine Elena, a victim of circumstance simply by being born into a family who lived in a country where the Cartels ruled. An agreement to better her life has her firmly in the grip of Carlos, a ruthless cartel boss. A deal she is dreading coming to fruition, delaying the inevitable by being given leave to tend to her dying father.
She meets King, a prospect for the Fallen Aces MC by chance and strikes up a friendship with him. King is not your average biker character, he is withdrawn and not at all confident around women. Elena brings him out of his shell and pushes him to take risks that have the potential to be fatal. The affair they begin goes over a long stretch of time since the opportunities to escape Carlos are slim.
King’s hands are tied by club loyalty which he accepted reluctantly with the knowledge that he was no match on his own to take on Carlos and his cartel. It was strange to read an MC book where the focus was on a prospect rather than a patched member, mainly because his power within the club was nonexistent. The antics they got away with were at times unbelievable, I was waiting for the wrath of hell to be unleashed on them, adding to the suspense of the story.
What lured me into the story was the forbidden love based on a caring friendship. Although the story is fraught with deception, their reasons are based on survival and doing it for all the right reasons. The hope they gave each other shed light into this dark story and I can’t wait to read on to see what the future holds for them.
What I struggled with:
- Carlos’s indifference and not understanding what was driving his interest in Elena. There are details given but I got the feeling there’s more to it than we are privy too!
- Some of the love scenes read a little ‘instructional’ rather than passionate, but I put that down to conveying his awkwardness around women
- The risks they took…
What I loved:
- King’s family
- King and Elena’s friendship
Lily’s Rating: 3.5 Forbidden Stars
- Deal with the Devil by Kit Rocha - August 14, 2020
- Thunder by Susan Fanetti - May 15, 2020
- Pink by Bethany-Kris - May 8, 2020
- Scarlet Stone by Jewel E. Ann - May 1, 2020
- A Place Without You by Jewel E. Ann - April 23, 2020
- The Priest: An Original Sinners Novel by Tiffany Reisz - April 19, 2020
- Love Hard by Nalini Singh - March 10, 2020
- Waking Up With the Duke by Lorraine Heath - March 3, 2020
- The Weight of it All by N.R. Walker - February 19, 2020
- The Life That Mattered by Jewel E Ann - February 14, 2020