Guarding His Obsession by Alexa Riley
Published by Self-published on February 18th 2016
Genres: Contemporary Romance
When Drake Hart's security team is hired to find a stalker, he has no idea what's in store for him. However, the day Zoey Lewis' picture lands in his lap, there's nothing he won't do to save her. He's always been quiet and shy, but seeing her changes everything.
Zoey is missing a filter when it comes to interacting with people. She's used to being lost in her computer and being taken care of by her sister. She's an oddball, and people find it hard to deal with. But when Drake Hulk-smashes his way into her world, she doesn't feel so out of place.
When Zoey is threatened and needs protection, will Drake save the day? With a body like his, all signs point to yes!
Warning: He owns a security firm. She's a little nerdy. It's a classic trope and a recipe for sugary-sweet erotica!
I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book.
If you don’t enjoy stories about insta-lust, insta-love or insta-whatever-you-can-come-up-with, Guarding His Obsession is most definitely not the book for you. I however, have lots of fun with this type of book so I can tell you I loved it.
Drake, ex-cop and ex-SWAT member, has a security firm that is hired to investigate and protect Zoey, a genius computer programmer, who is being stalked.
It only takes one photograph of his new appointment to ignite feelings in Drake he has never felt before.
Zoey although a genius is completely socially awkward. She blurts out anything and everything that comes to mind, making most people totally uncomfortable. Drake, a hulk of a man who’s scarred and tattooed, is fear inspiring to most people. When you add in his being shy around women you don’t come up with a winning combination. All this will change when they meet each other, and their relationship develops at warp speed to the nth degree. There’s a bit of mystery with the whole stalker thing, but we mostly get all the steam, hotness and sweet loving I expect from Ms. Riley. Another great story for my insta-craziness shelve.
Sparkles’ Rating: 4 insta-HEA Stars
- Deathly by Brynne Asher - April 20, 2021
- Marriage and Murder by Penny Reid - March 2, 2021
- Write Before Christmas by Julie Hammerle - December 1, 2020
- The Mistletoe Trap by Cindi Madsen - November 16, 2020
- Scars by Brynne Asher - November 11, 2020
- Miss Typed by Aubrey Bondurant - September 28, 2020
- When the Earl Met His Match by Stacy Reid - September 15, 2020
- Don’t Hex and Drive by Juliette Cross - September 8, 2020
- Mama and the Alien Warrior by Honey Phillips & Bex McLynn - September 2, 2020
- Little Dove by Layla Frost - August 26, 2020