Best Laid Plans (The Mercenaries, #1) by Stylo Fantome
Series: The Mercenaries #1
Published by Battleaxe Productions on September 7th 2015
Genres: Contemporary Romance, Suspense
Buy on Amazon
* Smuggle diamonds from Liberia to Morocco * Make the trip in three days * Don't get caught * Don't kill each other * Don't have sex with each other * Don't fall for each other * Stick to the plan
This is the story of what happens when an unlikely bond is formed between enemies, causing tensions to rise, and igniting a chemistry that threatens to burn them both. Together, they'll learn that sometimes even the best laid plans can fail.
If this NOVEL were a MOVIE, it would have an R rating from the MPAA. Contains: Violence, Grisly Images, Strong Language, Nudity, and Graphic Sexual Content
I wouldn’t want to meet these two in a back alley…
Some things I’ve learned/decided at the conclusion of Best Laid Plans…
Diamonds are not a girls best friend.
I do not want to be like Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider anymore.
Lions and tigers are not the scariest animals in Africa, the two legged upright ones are worse.
Be careful where you step in Africa, it’s a minefield.
And finally, if I have to visit Africa, I’ll make sure to do a defensive driving course first.
Wow, that was the longest running action movie ever. Bloody life got in the way and it took a lot longer to read than I planned. The times in between reading left me on edge feeling like if I didn’t hurry back, I’d miss something important. It was action packed, smoking hot and exciting. You were constantly wondering what could possibly go wrong next. I was sucked into this tale from the very beginning to the end.
Some truths…the main characters are not goodies. They’re not even baddies trying to be good. They are trained killers and no one is safe. You could probably say that Lilly wasn’t all bad, especially compared to Marc. She was on a mission for justice and knew that there would be deaths, but she wasn’t keen on killing for the sake of killing. Marc on the other hand…don’t get in his way and don’t piss him off. He’s bad to the bone.
Lots and lots of violence with plenty of blood being spilt…on each other…by each other…to each other. Don’t worry about Lilly though, she can definitely hold her own. Very evil characters are introduced and it’s not always clear whether they are on your side or anyone’s side for that matter. Guns, knives and bombs are being used constantly, but some of the worst violence was in the hand to hand combat.
I really enjoyed this story and loved the main characters Lilly and Marc. This was a very steamy read and I don’t think any of my smutty friends would be disappointed.
Kingsley was a great addition and I hope we get more of him in the future.
This is not a standalone, but the ending didn’t make me want to throw my kindle. The author promises that she doesn’t like to torture her readers, so I have high hopes the next installment won’t be too far away.
Sassy rates this one 4 Stars.
- Dreamer’s Pool by Juliet Marillier - October 23, 2015
- All I Want by Jill Shalvis - October 21, 2015
- Lev: a Shot Callers novel by Belle Aurora - October 19, 2015
- Ella by Virginia Taylor - October 16, 2015
- Rock Redemption by Nalini Singh - October 5, 2015
- Athica Lane by Brynne Asher - September 25, 2015
- Hearts in Darkness by Laura Kaye - September 24, 2015
- Heart-Shaped Hack by Tracey Garvis-Graves - September 23, 2015
- Unlikely Love by Riann C Miller - September 20, 2015
- The Seduction of Lord Stone by Anna Campbell - September 19, 2015