Taming the Jaguar by Olivia Myers
Published by Soft Kiss Books on July 8th 2015
Buy on Amazon
In this paranormal romance, Felicity, a college student, travels to the Amazon rainforest for her cultural study abroad program. She doesn’t expect to find love; she expects to explore the influences of modern society on tribal cultures, and she hopes to interview the reticent Jebá, an attractive man who acts as interpreter between the remote tribes and the government programs that seek to understand them better.
There’s more than hostile tribes in the jungle, though. A malevolent group of human and drug traffickers, the Selvagens Verdes, use the lush forest to cover up their violent crime. When Felicity accidentally crosses their path and is rescued by a jaguar, she must question why the jaguar dealt so ruthlessly with her attackers, and why she was spared.
Readers will enjoy watching two very different worlds collide in this erotic shifter romance.
I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book.
This Jaguar is King of his jungle…
Coming to the end of this very, very short story I can only describe it as a box. It was mainly a shell of a story. The ideas were interesting, though not especially original and the small amount you get about the characters had the potential to be good. It was all just a skimming of the story of Felicity and Jeba. The intimate scene was one paragraph and love was mentioned by the end of it.
Overall too rushed, a little too basic in the writing style and needed some editing. This author definitely has potential, but needs to put more into it to draw the reader.
Sassy rates this one 2.5 Stars.
- Dreamer’s Pool by Juliet Marillier - October 23, 2015
- All I Want by Jill Shalvis - October 21, 2015
- Lev: a Shot Callers novel by Belle Aurora - October 19, 2015
- Ella by Virginia Taylor - October 16, 2015
- Rock Redemption by Nalini Singh - October 5, 2015
- Athica Lane by Brynne Asher - September 25, 2015
- Hearts in Darkness by Laura Kaye - September 24, 2015
- Heart-Shaped Hack by Tracey Garvis-Graves - September 23, 2015
- Unlikely Love by Riann C Miller - September 20, 2015
- The Seduction of Lord Stone by Anna Campbell - September 19, 2015