Over the Top by Rebecca Zanetti
Series: Maverick Montana #4
Published by Entangled Publishing on July 21st 2015
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Buy on Amazon
Buy on Barnes & Noble
Buy on Walmart/Kobo
Buy on Google Play
Buy on Apple Itunes
This kind of temptation is worth the risk...
Dawn Freeze had a huge crush on Hawk Rain for years, and the entire town knows it. It's understandable, the man is total hotness. That tall, lean body. Intense dark eyes. And always one foot out the door.
Now he's on leave for exactly one week. And this time, he's made it crystal clear that he only wants one thing. Her.
Hawk's been fighting his attraction to Dawn for as long as he can remember. She's his best friend's little sister, and that means hands-off. Except now she's all grown up, and her sweet sexiness is exactly what he craves. But just as Hawk allows himself one mindblowingly intense night with Dawn, he learns that everyone he loves is in danger. Especially her. And the only way to protect Dawn is to push her away...
I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book.
How did I miss 2 books in this series? I’m not sure, but I can tell you that I’m rectifying that as soon as I finish typing this.
Over the Top is a hot read. Hawk is scorching: a growly, bossy, alpha male of the best kind. He is on a self appointed mission, and he can’t start anything with Dawn, the girl he’s loved most of his life (little sister to his best friends/family) until he is ready to be 100% in.
Dawn has loved Hawk since she could remember and had been waiting for him to make a move for what it feels like a lifetime. Everyone in Maverick knows about it too. They aren’t getting together soon enough for the likes of the “ladies” (aka the old busybodies that run the town gossip central). Hawk and Dawn won’t only have to fight their desires, their issues and all of Hawk’s stubbornness, but the well meaning interference of The Lady Elks secret society. The following is their instructions on how to catch a man.
How to Catch a Man
1. Make your man the only man around.
2. Don’t give the cow away (AKA NO SEX).
3. The way to his heart really is through his stomach.
4. Let your man rescue you.
5. Give him the illusion of control so you can chase him until he catches you.
Let’s just say that after braking all the rules (#2 repeatedly) it seems things aren’t going Dawn’s way.
Will Hawk get over himself and realize there’s no better time than right now? Will Dawn be able to convince him that even if she is young, she knows what she wants?
Add to that, cool action, a bit of suspense, annoying siblings and a super abundance of hot guys and testosterone. Their chemistry is way hot and their boudoir shenanigans…. I took copious notes, enough said.
I really enjoyed Rebecca Zanetti’s hot romantic suspense.
Sparkles’ Rating: 3.5+ stars.
- Totally Folked by Penny Reid - July 20, 2021
- Dusk Before Dawn by Fiona Davenport - May 31, 2021
- Damaged by Layla Frost - May 24, 2021
- Deathly by Brynne Asher - April 20, 2021
- Marriage and Murder by Penny Reid - March 2, 2021
- Write Before Christmas by Julie Hammerle - December 1, 2020
- The Mistletoe Trap by Cindi Madsen - November 16, 2020
- Scars by Brynne Asher - November 11, 2020
- Miss Typed by Aubrey Bondurant - September 28, 2020
- When the Earl Met His Match by Stacy Reid - September 15, 2020