Insatiable Book 2 by J.D. Hawkins
Also in this series: Insatiable
Published by Self-published on May 18, 2015
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Buy on Amazon
Buy on Barnes & Noble
It was supposed to be simple: I teach her a crash course in pleasure. No commitment. No strings.
Now she’s found the perfect guy — and it’s not me.
I should move on, but I need her. And I never back down from a fight.
Now I've got one last lesson for her:
I’m going to make her mine.
No, no, no…it’s not the same
Look, it wasn’t bad, but it just didn’t reach my very, very high expectations. I was looking for the ultimate smut-a-thon to continue and Insatiable 2 didn’t deliver. In the first book Jax had moves that I wanted to highlight on my kindle and recreate (with my hubby) the hotness that jumped off the pages. In Insatiable 2 we got a story without the smut (sighing and shaking my head).
The story was actually pretty cute. Lizzie has moved on from her arrangement and met James who is the complete opposite of Jax. Lizzie thinks this is the answer to her prayers and puts all her efforts into being what James wants. In the meantime, Jax has realised that he has feelings for Lizzie. This story is about finding what’s important to you and working to keep it or in his case, get it back.
This was not the smut-fest I thought I’d get and I found myself not as drawn in as I did in Insatiable, but it was a good conclusion to Jax and Lizzie’s story. I did find a few errors in this one and maybe there were errors in the first one, but I didn’t notice because I was so engrossed. I’m thinking it would have flowed better if it was one book. It wouldn’t have been so glaringly obvious that one was full of sexy times and one had practically none.
I did enjoy the series, but my expectations were raised so high after the first book that the second one fell a little flat. This will not deter me from reading more from JD Hawkins, he has an original voice and a talent for smut that will definitely have me buying more in the future.
Rating: 3.5 Stars.
- Dreamer’s Pool by Juliet Marillier - October 23, 2015
- All I Want by Jill Shalvis - October 21, 2015
- Lev: a Shot Callers novel by Belle Aurora - October 19, 2015
- Ella by Virginia Taylor - October 16, 2015
- Rock Redemption by Nalini Singh - October 5, 2015
- Athica Lane by Brynne Asher - September 25, 2015
- Hearts in Darkness by Laura Kaye - September 24, 2015
- Heart-Shaped Hack by Tracey Garvis-Graves - September 23, 2015
- Unlikely Love by Riann C Miller - September 20, 2015
- The Seduction of Lord Stone by Anna Campbell - September 19, 2015