Fracture by Callie Hart
Series: Blood & Roses #2
Published by Self-published on April 6, 2014
Buy on Amazon
Zeth Mayfair is pretty much the very last thing I need in my life. And yet with every breath I take he becomes more engrained in every aspect of it:
He has a key to my house.
He knows where I work.
He dumped his strange, mentally traumatized housemate on my doorstep and has driven off into the sunset in search of my missing sister.
I want to forget him. Want to change the locks and blot out his face, scourge his very name from my memory. The problem is that I also need him. I need him more than I need air to breath, and I can’t be without him now.
He owns me.
He torments me.
He’s fractured me.
The chemistry between Zeth and Sloane has me hooked. He is still very much in control but Sloane is starting to give him a run for his money. Still focused on their personal agendas, they are both confident in pursuing their missions but when it comes to their relationship with each other it’s a different story.
Just for a second there…it felt like she might be capable of gluing me back together, too.
Sloane gets to spend more time with Lacey who drops a bombshell of a revelation about who she is. While this explains a lot, it also leaves you wondering at the same time. Lacey is a complex and endearing character that I’m keen to see more of in this series.
The interaction between Sloane and Zeth is intense. Yet some of the most moving moments involve simple gestures that manage to fracture their personal shields. Drama is in abundance, the suspense tangible as Zeth edges closer to solving the mystery of what has happened to Lexie, sorting out his personal life once and for all.
I’m not a fan of novellas but this series so far has been written in a way that didn’t leave me feeling short changed. Fracture does end with a cliff hanger, a big one… but after the first book, that’s not unexpected!
What I liked:
- Fast paced book
- Short but not rushed
- The ‘not knowing’
What I struggled with:
- The ending – again, lucky I don’t have the unenviable wait for the next book!
Rating: 4 Stars
- Deal with the Devil by Kit Rocha - August 14, 2020
- Thunder by Susan Fanetti - May 15, 2020
- Pink by Bethany-Kris - May 8, 2020
- Scarlet Stone by Jewel E. Ann - May 1, 2020
- A Place Without You by Jewel E. Ann - April 23, 2020
- The Priest: An Original Sinners Novel by Tiffany Reisz - April 19, 2020
- Love Hard by Nalini Singh - March 10, 2020
- Waking Up With the Duke by Lorraine Heath - March 3, 2020
- The Weight of it All by N.R. Walker - February 19, 2020
- The Life That Mattered by Jewel E Ann - February 14, 2020