Blank Canvas by Mari Carr
Published by Carried Away Publishing on 2/16/14
Genres: Contemporary Romance, Erotica
Buy on Amazon
Buy on Barnes & Noble
Buy on Walmart/Kobo
Buy on Google Play
Disillusioned by divorce, Jennifer's about to discover her wild side, starting with a tattoo from Caliph. And continuing with submission, spankings, wax play...all under the skilled hands of her wickedly sexy tattoo master.
In this story, readers are introduced to Caliph Lewis and his family. Future books in the Big Easy series will feature stories about other siblings from the close-knit, fun-loving, rather unconventional Lewis family.
Usually, I like some semblance of a plot with my helping of smut, but occasionally I’m in the mood for a hot book that doesn’t require much thought on my part. This book was perfect for that kind of mood.
Jennifer is recovering from the end of a seventeen year marriage after her husband left her for another woman. It’s been a year and she is slowly starting to find herself again. I liked Jennifer as a heroine. She wasn’t bitter or wallowing in her pain. She was trying to move past it and get on with her life. As part of her healing process, she decides to discover her wild side and the first step is to get a tattoo.
Caliph is the huge, rough looking but handsome tattoo artist Jennifer finds. He may be intimidating, but he flips every single one of her switches. Caliph is drawn to Jennifer too and more than willing to introduce her to his version of wild, which includes BDSM. Neither is looking for a relationship, but they may just have found one despite themselves.
Blank Canvas is short, sweet and hot with some light BDSM. Well worth an evening read when I didn’t want to think about anything at all.
Spice’s Rating: 4 Short and Sweet Stars
- Ancient Enemy by Katie Reus - August 25, 2020
- Losing It All by Kati Wilde - August 10, 2020
- Pivot by Kat Martin, Alexandra Ivy, & Rebecca Zanetti - July 22, 2020
- The Unseen by Thea Harrison - July 16, 2020
- Desolation Road by Christine Feehan - July 7, 2020
- Healing of the Wolf by Cherise Sinclair - July 3, 2020
- Ancient Protector by Katie Reus - June 29, 2020
- Lone Star by Lauren Gilley - June 5, 2020
- Dream Maker by Kristen Ashley - May 26, 2020
- Prodigal Son by Lauren Gilley - May 20, 2020