Kiss of Steel by Bec McMaster
Series: London Steampunk #1
Published by Sourcebooks Casablanca on 2012
Genres: Historical, Paranormal
Buy on Amazon
Buy on Barnes & Noble
Buy on Walmart/Kobo
Buy on Google Play
"Action, adventure, steampunk, and blazing hot seduction...Bec McMaster offers it all."—Eve Silver, author of Sins of the Flesh A brilliantly creative debut where vampires, werewolves, and clockwork creatures roam the mist–shrouded streets of London... When Nowhere is Safe Most people avoid the dreaded Whitechapel district. For Honoria Todd, it's the last safe haven. But at what price? Blade is known as the master of the rookeries—no one dares cross him. It's been said he faced down the Echelon's army single–handedly, that ever since being infected by the blood–craving he's been quicker, stronger, and almost immortal. When Honoria shows up at his door, his tenuous control comes close to snapping. She's so...innocent. He doesn't see her backbone of steel—or that she could be the very salvation he's been seeking.
A whole new world…
This was my very first steampunk romance and it will definitely not be my last. I have loved historical romance and paranormal romance novels, but never experienced them together. I’m not sure I understand the mechanical part to this book, but being my first experience, I am willing to learn.
This story revolves around a family struggling to stay alive after their father is murdered. Honoria is the oldest and takes her job of protector and provider seriously. She has tried to stay under the radar, but unfortunately grabbed the attention of Blade, a rogue blue blood who controls the area.
Both Blade and Honoria have an attraction to each other that is sizzling. Loved the way they tried to deny their feelings, but had to learn to trust each other.
I did remove one star because I got lost a bit with all of the world building and explanations which distracted me from the actual storyline.
Lots of drama and excitement with interesting characters introduced. Will definitely be reading more of this series.
Rating: 4 Stars
- Dreamer’s Pool by Juliet Marillier - October 23, 2015
- All I Want by Jill Shalvis - October 21, 2015
- Lev: a Shot Callers novel by Belle Aurora - October 19, 2015
- Ella by Virginia Taylor - October 16, 2015
- Rock Redemption by Nalini Singh - October 5, 2015
- Athica Lane by Brynne Asher - September 25, 2015
- Hearts in Darkness by Laura Kaye - September 24, 2015
- Heart-Shaped Hack by Tracey Garvis-Graves - September 23, 2015
- Unlikely Love by Riann C Miller - September 20, 2015
- The Seduction of Lord Stone by Anna Campbell - September 19, 2015