Genevieve Clare by J.B. Hartnett
Published by Self-published on October 30, 2014
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Buy on Amazon
Buy on Walmart/Kobo
I’m a professional mourner. Caskets, drag queens and dirty old men are all in a day's work. But I'm no stranger to loss and that’s what makes me good at my job.
Something is missing though and that something goes by the name of Ahren Finnegan.
When faced with the idea of losing one more person from my life, I pushed him away, my one true love.
Now he’s back and this time I don’t think he’s going to take no for an answer.
Humorously morbid…or…morbidly humorous??
I loved this story, but I find it hard to describe why and how. We have a woman who was devastated by the death of her family and to cope she decides to be a professional mourner. There is a lot of death in this book and it deals with it in a very refreshing way. Some of it was really sad and brought a tear to my eye but in others it was just a see ya later, catch up with you soon feeling. I was actually laughing at a few of the funerals and the requests people make.
Our main characters have both dealt with deaths that changed their lives. This story describes how they survived and what they did to keep on going.
This is also a love story that spans 30 years. I loved both Gen and Ahren together and it hurt that they ended up spending so much time apart. Surprisingly this was a very steamy read. I just wasn’t expecting it, afterall this book is mainly about death.
Loved all the additional characters that made this story so brilliant. This is definitely going to be listed as one of my favourite little gems for 2015. It made me feel so much – love, sadness, sympathy and humour.
J.B. Hartnett you should be very proud of yourself for creating such an interesting and original story. Will definitely be keeping an eye out for more.
Rating: 5 Brilliant Stars
- Dreamer’s Pool by Juliet Marillier - October 23, 2015
- All I Want by Jill Shalvis - October 21, 2015
- Lev: a Shot Callers novel by Belle Aurora - October 19, 2015
- Ella by Virginia Taylor - October 16, 2015
- Rock Redemption by Nalini Singh - October 5, 2015
- Athica Lane by Brynne Asher - September 25, 2015
- Hearts in Darkness by Laura Kaye - September 24, 2015
- Heart-Shaped Hack by Tracey Garvis-Graves - September 23, 2015
- Unlikely Love by Riann C Miller - September 20, 2015
- The Seduction of Lord Stone by Anna Campbell - September 19, 2015