Pretending with the Playboy by Tracey Livesay
Published by Entangled on December 29th 2014
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Buy on Amazon
Buy on Barnes & Noble
Buy on Walmart/Kobo
Buy on Google Play
Commitment makes you weak. It's playboy Carter Richardson's motto. The only exception to the rule is his aunt, and when Carter learns she's terminally ill, he rushes to her bedside. Filled with fear and guilt—and desperate to ease his aunt's mind—Carter does the only thing a guy could do...he panics and blurts out that he's engaged to his aunt's enticing protegée. Lauren Olsen has already had her heart crushed once by Carter. Against her better judgment, she agrees to keep up appearances—until Carter makes their “engagement” public in order to protect the family business. Now Lauren's torn between obeying her conscience, and obeying her desire. Because while she could never trust the womanizing Carter she once knew, she seems to be falling for the man beneath the playboy...
I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book.
Well yes, I do love me a workaholic, anti-commitment H. And if he is an asshole about it even better. That moment where he just can’t keep lying to himself and must admit that he is in loooooove it’s just epic every time.
So this story is about Carter (one such H) and Lauren who had been adopted by Carter’s aunt after she lost her family at a young age.
She has always been in love with him, he has always been a handsome jerk that had kept his distance because of her age, whenever he couldn’t avoid her that is.
So the auntie’s health brings him back home and wouldn’t you know, they have to pretend to be engaged to make Aunt Dorothy happy and also to save his family company. Of course, if they’re pretending to be together, they are hot for each other and perfectly rational, free adults, why can’t they just, you know, enjoy each other?
The pace is good, their chemistry and sexy scenes are very hot, and I could connect with them.
I found Pretending With The Playboy funny, well written and a quick enjoyable read.
3.5 Enjoyable Hot Stars
- Deathly by Brynne Asher - April 20, 2021
- Marriage and Murder by Penny Reid - March 2, 2021
- Write Before Christmas by Julie Hammerle - December 1, 2020
- The Mistletoe Trap by Cindi Madsen - November 16, 2020
- Scars by Brynne Asher - November 11, 2020
- Miss Typed by Aubrey Bondurant - September 28, 2020
- When the Earl Met His Match by Stacy Reid - September 15, 2020
- Don’t Hex and Drive by Juliette Cross - September 8, 2020
- Mama and the Alien Warrior by Honey Phillips & Bex McLynn - September 2, 2020
- Little Dove by Layla Frost - August 26, 2020