Flirting With The Competition by Kerri Carpenter
Published by Entangled Publishing on October 27th 2014
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Buy on Amazon
Buy on Barnes & Noble
Buy on Walmart/Kobo
Buy on Google Play
A satisfying category romance novella from Entangled's Lovestruck imprint… The sexiest things happen in confined spaces…Under normal circumstances, Whitney March might have appreciated sharing an elevator with a ridiculously attractive and clearly wealthy guy. Even enjoyed it. But when her companion turns out to be the man who almost ran her over in parking garage moments earlier? Nope and nope. Besides, she's on her way to a job interview at a prestigious law firm, and she needs to stay focused. Not staring at the rich and sexy jerk. Then the elevator comes to an abrupt stop. They're stuck. Jordan Campbell has every intention of acing the interview for his dream job, and he's not about to let anything stop him. Not even the sexy, capable, and fiery woman who turns out to be his main competitor he's trapped with. The only thing they have in common is determination to get the job...and an escalating attraction. And it's only a matter of time before these competitors indulge in a very sexy little connection between floors.
I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book.
It may just be me, but the whole “we got trapped in an elevator and now we are in love” reeeeaally does it for me. Big time.
She runs him off the road and then he almost runs her over. They get stuck together in the elevator and realize they’re interviewing for the same job. What else could go wrong? Well, the chemistry between them is scorching and even when they try to fight it, they just can’t keep their hands off each other.
This was a really spicy, fast read. I was slightly disappointed with the lack of the actual action, but the pace of the story and the relationship that blossomed between the characters makes up for it.
This story is a sure way to enjoy a bit of afternoon delight.
Rating: 4 It’s All About The Chemistry Stars
- Deathly by Brynne Asher - April 20, 2021
- Marriage and Murder by Penny Reid - March 2, 2021
- Write Before Christmas by Julie Hammerle - December 1, 2020
- The Mistletoe Trap by Cindi Madsen - November 16, 2020
- Scars by Brynne Asher - November 11, 2020
- Miss Typed by Aubrey Bondurant - September 28, 2020
- When the Earl Met His Match by Stacy Reid - September 15, 2020
- Don’t Hex and Drive by Juliette Cross - September 8, 2020
- Mama and the Alien Warrior by Honey Phillips & Bex McLynn - September 2, 2020
- Little Dove by Layla Frost - August 26, 2020