A Perfect Moment by Becca Lee
Series: Perfect #1
Published by Self-published on May 3rd 2014
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Buy on Amazon
Buy on Barnes & Noble
“When life threatens perfect, it’s time to step up and kick life in the balls.”
Ella's perfect moment was taken from her in the worst possible way. Humiliated, heartbroken and absolutely determined not to allow her heart be destroyed for a second time, she builds an ice wall around her heart.
Preston has known he was in love with his big sister's best friend since the age of fifteen. Over ten years on, and an opportunity to be her knight in shining armour is too good to miss. Putting his heart on the line, he's on a mission to show Ella that the perfect moment is possible.
Ella's instinct is to run when she realises her feelings for her bestie's little brother may just run a little bit deeper than just friends. But if she can't run, she'll try every trick in the book to shake off his affection and realign his feelings.
She’s already had her perfect moment, and there is no chance she'll let her heart thaw for Preston. No matter how good he looks in the firefighter's Christmas calendar.
A real Aussie romance
I really enjoyed this story that was set in my backyard. It was familiar and nice to hear about lots of places that I visit regularly. The best part of this story was the fact that I didn’t realise it was set in Australia for at least two chapters. I had an inkling, but it wasn’t confirmed until she started talking about utes and a few ‘bloodys’ came out. Too many Australian authors tend to go overboard with how we talk, to appeal to overseas readers. This book was a lot closer to the mark. There will still be a few words that will stump readers and probably need clarification, but not OTT.
Now for the storyline…I liked it. Preston was seriously in love with his older sister’s best friend and she had no idea. It was Preston’s job to convince her they could be happy together.
There was angst, conflict and a little mystery thrown in. A few good laughs and with some sexy bits as well. It was a great story and I will definitely be reading more from this author.
Rating: 4 Aussie Stars
- Dreamer’s Pool by Juliet Marillier - October 23, 2015
- All I Want by Jill Shalvis - October 21, 2015
- Lev: a Shot Callers novel by Belle Aurora - October 19, 2015
- Ella by Virginia Taylor - October 16, 2015
- Rock Redemption by Nalini Singh - October 5, 2015
- Athica Lane by Brynne Asher - September 25, 2015
- Hearts in Darkness by Laura Kaye - September 24, 2015
- Heart-Shaped Hack by Tracey Garvis-Graves - September 23, 2015
- Unlikely Love by Riann C Miller - September 20, 2015
- The Seduction of Lord Stone by Anna Campbell - September 19, 2015