The Viper by Kele Moon
Series: Untamed Hearts #1
Also in this series: The Slayer
Published by Loose Id on August 19, 2014
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Buy on Amazon
Buy on Barnes & Noble
Buy on Walmart/Kobo
Buy on Apple Itunes
Available on KU at posting: Yes
Marcos Rivera is a fighter. A gang member. Someone who has seen the dark side of humankind and survived. He has lost family and gained enemies. He has stolen cars and destroyed hearts, stripping one for money and the other for pleasure. His past is haunted and his future is bleak. Until her. Katie Foster is a high school history teacher. Smart, strong, and sexy. She is a woman Marcos shouldn't want. Shouldn't touch. Shouldn't love. He met her in Garnet, a backwards, hick town that's the last place in the world he wants to be, but he finds himself going back, all for a taste of the forbidden. Katie represents all that is good in the world, and Marcos knows he's nothing but trouble for her perfect life. He fights and he screws. He commits crimes and he breaks the rules. He will never change and he will never escape his gang lifestyle. Or can he? What happens when two different people from two very different walks of life risk it all by giving into the passion that threatens to consume both of them? Can a woman who only knows how to play it safe give her heart to a man who lives hard and loves harder? Can she survive The Viper?
I really enjoyed this read, the H was hot and a very dirty talker, the Spanish was almost perfect (which I haven’t found a lot of lately) and there were some really steamy scenes.
The h was so clueless but really cute and feisty in her own way, that it made you like her instead of wanting to shove her against a wall. I’d have liked there to be more about them as a couple than all the stuff happening to them individually.
I wish the epilogue was a little longer too. I’ll probably re-read it before the next installment.
Rating: 3.5 Hot and Dirty Stars
- Miss Fortune by Aubrey Bondurant - May 20, 2022
- The Invitation by Vi Keeland - April 18, 2022
- Whiskey Dream by Taryn Rivers - March 31, 2022
- Souls by Brynne Asher - March 21, 2022
- A Scoundrel of Her Own by Stacy Reid - December 28, 2021
- Whiskey Home by Taryn Rivers - October 27, 2021
- Cover Reveal and Excerpt: Whiskey Home by Taryn Rivers - September 29, 2021
- Totally Folked by Penny Reid - July 20, 2021
- Dusk Before Dawn by Fiona Davenport - May 31, 2021
- Damaged by Layla Frost - May 24, 2021