Word Play by Amelie Silver
Published by Self-published on June 15th, 2014
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Buy on Amazon
Buy on Barnes & Noble
Smut sells. Michael Rourke learned this the hard way. Struggling to make ends meet as a mystery writer, he sold his soul - and his pride - as he pedaled sex and lust writing under the pen name Christoph Strong. No one knew he was the one behind the steamy stories on the bestsellers lists. And he planned to keep it that way. Until he met her. Monica Singer, an infamous blogger, is keen to discover the truth of his secret identity. During a chance meeting at a book convention, Michael and Monica form an instant connection. And soon, an industry rivalry becomes something else entirely. But as Michael starts to let his guard down, he doesn't realize that the person he's learning to trust may be hiding secrets of her own. Secrets that could ultimately destroy everything.
I received a recommendation from friends to read this hilarious story about a bloke who writes erotica. I am so glad I listened to them. I haven’t laughed and related to a book so much since A is for Alpha. It makes me feel better to know that I am not alone in my love for romance and I am not strange to get on a forum to discuss the characters decisions good or bad and whether the book made me “smeep”.
The main characters were funny and sweet with a touch of geek thrown in. I loved the chemistry between them and their misunderstandings and lack of communication were hard for them but at the same time made me laugh.
The side characters were a riot and made the story even better.
I love it when I can finish a story with a big smile on my face and I definitely did with this little gem. I will definitely be reading more from this author.
- Dreamer’s Pool by Juliet Marillier - October 23, 2015
- All I Want by Jill Shalvis - October 21, 2015
- Lev: a Shot Callers novel by Belle Aurora - October 19, 2015
- Ella by Virginia Taylor - October 16, 2015
- Rock Redemption by Nalini Singh - October 5, 2015
- Athica Lane by Brynne Asher - September 25, 2015
- Hearts in Darkness by Laura Kaye - September 24, 2015
- Heart-Shaped Hack by Tracey Garvis-Graves - September 23, 2015
- Unlikely Love by Riann C Miller - September 20, 2015
- The Seduction of Lord Stone by Anna Campbell - September 19, 2015